Vegan Oatmeal Flaxseed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Its been tough for me to get this recipe written up because I’ve been toying with this recipe for some time now with lots of little changes and additions. All my friends and family love these cookies, though so I knew I had to try. The one ingredient not included in the photo here is apple sweetened dried cranberries. I highly suggest you try them in yours!
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Mix flour, flaxseed, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, mix sugar, margarine, applesauce and baking powder until creamy. Add vanilla and milk and blend.
- Mix wet mixture with dry mixture, lightly blending until dough begins to form. Add oatmeal, chocolate chips, and optional hemp seed and/or fruit and finish mixing.
- Drop batter onto cookie sheets in rounded tablespoons full and press slightly flat.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Cookies will be slightly soft coming out but harden up as they cool, so don’t over cook. Its hard to judge the cookies by their color, but you’ll know their done by the delicious smell. YUM!